Commercial Solar has the capability to review the load profile of your business and optimise the selection of the solar energy system to suit your requirements.
Below is a typical week day building load profile.
If we select a 40kW system, you can see that the load requirements in the building are not yet met.
If we select a 60.17kW system, you can see that the imported load is reduced significantly.
Yearly Electricity Saving: 229.17kWh electricity generated/day x 365 days/yr x $0.20c/kWh = $16,730
System Cost: $137,240 (after STCs & excl GST)
Payback Period: $137,240/16,730 = 8.2 yrs
Return on Investment: 16,730/137,240 x 100 = 12.19% per annum
If we select a larger 70.63kW system, you can see that we would then be exporting electricity into the grid as well as reducing the amount of energy you need to import each day significantly.
Yearly Electricity Saving: 269.03kWh electricity generated/day x 365 days/yr x $0.20/kWh x 0.878 used on site + 269.03kWh electricity generated/day x 365 days/yr x $0.08kWh x 0.122 exported to the grid = $18,202
System Cost: $163,463 (after STCs & excl GST)
Payback Period: $163,463/18,202 = 8.98 yrs
Return on Investment: 18,202/163,463 x 100 = 11.14% per annum
Contact Commercial Solar today and we will be able to
- assess your business load profile and energy usage requirements and
- provide you with a complete proposal outlining
- annual energy generated
- estimated CO2 emissions reduction.
- your potential electricity savings,
- solar energy system capital expenditure,
- payback period and return on investment, based on current electricity pricing to suit your particular business usage (current and future) in your state.
Commercial Solar – the Power to Save
Disclaimer: the figures used in the study above are indicative only, a specific evaluation of your particular businesses needs will be taken into consideration when developing your assessment and proposal.